Friday, February 3, 2012

January Challenge- Used Billboards



Here is what was made out of January's challenge material, used billboards.  


Deer head -
I got this idea from Pinterest and made it my own by covering foam board with billboard material to create this three dimensional deer head.



Tote Bag and Wallets


Butterfly chair-
I found a butterfly chair frame with a ripped cover, so I used the cover as my pattern and made a new one out of billboard material.



I found this step stool at a garage sale.
All it needed was a fresh coat of paint and a new billboard cover.


This was created by a Dual Language Kindergarten class at Mid Valley Elementary School.  They each created a picture of themselves or a pet on small pieces of billboard.  The piece of billboard their teacher used had writing on it, so she pieced together the letters she found to create yo=me.


Here is our first exhibit of the Repurposing Project during First Friday's Art Walk at the Columbia Art Center in Hood River.

The challenge material for February is cassette tapes and VHS tapes.  Let me know if you are interested in joining the Repurposing Challenge!  Send pictures of your project or bring them to the art center on the first Thursday of the month, March 1st.

No comments: