Monday, February 20, 2012

February Challenge Material- Discarded Cassette Tapes

     
     The challenge material for the February Repurposing Project is discarded cassette tapes from the Hood River Library and discarded VHS tapes from the Mid Valley Elementary School library. The Master Recyclers were contacted about how to recycle the cassette tapes and VHS tapes.  There is not a convenient way to recycle these materials in the Columbia River Gorge.  Far West Fibers, in the Portland area, is the only place I have heard about that will take VHS and cassette tapes to recycle.

      The mission is to find creative ways to repurpose the cassette and VHS, along with their covers.  If you choose to join in the challenge and need materials, you can stop by the Columbia Art Center during business hours and take all you need.  Please send me a picture of your completed project so I can include it on my blog at the beginning of March or bring it down to the Art Center by March 1st,  so I can include it in the First Friday exhibit on March 2nd from 5pm-7pm.

      I can't wait to see what everyone has made with this month's challenge material!!


No comments: